IS THAT A FUCKING DRAWING I WAS LIKE “oh cool, look at all their homestuck stuff” then “did they photoshop the outfit on?” then “HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS LIKE AN ANIME SCREENSHOT.”
Something to think about:
I told my mom about Homestuck and how I loved it and how amazing it was and how I was really sad it was over, as were millions of people. She blinked, looked thoughtful, then said:
"So like when Elvis died or when the Beatles broke up, only regarding a webcomic?"
parents, man. they’ve seen some shit.
I won’t lie, I feel honored that there’s a small, tiny baby dave on that laptop. I surely didn’t invent that meme, I made this blog in response to it, but that was still a fun time, yeah?
This blog hasn’t been active in forever, but here’s your good old mod popping on to say it’s been an honor playing with you, gentleman.
Preorders for my book on cosplay and costuming around the United States, Breaking All The Rules: Cosplay and the Art of-Self-Expression, are now open!
This book was a labor of love between me and almost 200 other cosplayers all across the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii, over the past two years. The book is full color, 206 pages, matte softcover (a really nice thick finish comparable to hardcover, but makes the book less expensive!). The book is $40 USD, with $6 shipping to the continental USA. But I will ship all across the world, no matter where you are!
The photos above are from one of the proof books I have ordered over the past year - the actual book will look very similar, but the cover will be nicer, and it will be thicker!
Please head over to Storenvy to order! Preordering will be open until mid-October, and books will ship mid-November.
Any questions, my Ask box is always open <3 Thank you all for everything over the last 2 years and most of all, for believing in me and this project.
Hey everyone, Alex and I were honored to be featured in this book, along with a ton of other amazing cosplayers and craftsman!!! This book is a while in the making, and you should really check it out and snag a copy for yourself! Lots of amazing stories from cosplayers all over the country, and a unique perspective into what it’s like to be a cosplayer on every skill level and situation! If you were ever a little miffed at how some mainstream markets have recently been portraying cosplay, rest assured that this book has a wonderfully wide representation of age, skill and cosplaying experience to really show what cosplay is all about!
Absolutely wonderful to have on hand in your bookshelf or on your coffee table when you want to talk about cosplay or show off that sophisticated nerdy side!
PUNCHstarter ->http://kck.st/1b0t8OK I’ll figure out a new name to call it later… StrikeStarter ? StumbleStarter ? ThrowStarter ?
I’m using my powers as a mod to pump this book. Cosplay in America is a fantastic project, and this second book will be even better than the first!!!
The $45 tier is the book months before it’s release plus your NAME IN IT and trust me, as someone who owns the first one, it’s worth it to have around, especially for having friends over who may not have a good idea of cosplay.
Please consider donating and signal boosting for this project, he needs $9000 in 9 days to make his goal!!!
OFF T-SHIRTS SALES POST!
So my name is Ashley and I make fandom t-shirts. I just played OFF and I knew it’s style would translate perfect to mine. I have for you 7 designs I can do, with additional add-ons (no pun intended)!
- Design 1: The Basic - $15
- Design 2: The Zacharie - $15
- Design 3: The Batter - $15
- Design 4: The Spectre - $20
- Design 5: The Judge - $20
- Design 6: The Burnt - $25
- Design 7: The Elson - $25
- Bonus Design: The OFF - Add to ANY shirt for an additional $7. Have alone on a shirt for $15.
Information on shirts, ordering, shipping and other things!
- I am opening 60 slots, in batches of 15. Placement in slots is done by payment time, not inquiry! Once those slots are filled I will close them. Once the shirts are done I will re-open them. You may order more than one shirt at a time, slots are per-order not per-shirt. HERE is my current list of orders!
- Shirts can be made in any of these colors, but the black looks coolest. The lighter the color the less it turns out. Shirts can be ordered S-XL but 2XL-5XL is a $4 charge.
- Order through my ask box! Placement is done in order of payment time. To expedite your process, you should message me with your size, color, design, and shipping address. I will send you back your total and my paypal information. You can then get your payment in and secure your slot.
- Shipping on all orders of 5 shirts or less is $5 in the continental US. Shipping on 5+ shirts will be more. I can and will ship internationally as long as you are willing to pay the shipping, of course.
- Paypal only.
- IF YOU ARE STILL CONFUSED OR HAVE QUESTIONS INCLUDING PAYMENT ISSUES, SIZING CHARTS, WASHING INSTRUCTIONS, ECT, PLEASE CONSULT THE F.A.Q. BEFORE COMING TO ME, THANK YOU.
- And of course, there’s permission from Mortis Ghost himself. Do I have it? I do! Mortis Ghost has said that he is fine with the shirts being sold.
If you could signal boost this post it would mean a lot, ive been stressing very heavily about money this past month and the wonderful reception of these shirts has been a real blessing uvu thank you so much!
GLOW IN THE DARK STAR TREK POSTERS GIVEAWAY!
So I recently went to go see Star Trek: into Darkness and in the lobby were these really awesome glow in the dark Star Trek posters! I knew some of my followers would like them so I snagged 3 more than I needed and now i’m doing a giveaway!
The posters measure 12”x36” (they’re really big!) and the sun and earth’s edge glow to reveal a ship in it’s shadow. The picture really does NOT do how cool that effect is justice but anyone who’s tried to photograph glow in the dark things knows how hard that is.
- There will be 3 winners picked by random number generator.
- No limits on likes or reblogs I guess but i’m sure you’re all aware that tumblr only shows one reblog no matter what anyway.
- Continental US only, really sorry guys but the only way I can do this is because shipping them will be so cheap!
- You don’t have to follow me but my blog is pretty sweet.
- Giveaway ends in two weeks (June 11th, 2013) at midnight!
- Good luck!
I’m just gonna spam y’all with the rest of this folder…
Accent theme by Handsome Code